Depression is thought to be the main cause of disability in the world. More than 17% of the population will suffer from depression at some point in their lives in the United States alone.
Major Depression manifests as a combination of the above symptoms. It becomes an obstacle in enjoying everyday activities. To prevent chronic depression from continuing indefinitely, it might require treatment.
Dysthymia involves long-lasting symptoms that do not disable your functioning in any way, but prevent you from feeling good about yourself or from working at your max level. Many people who suffer with dysthymia also go through major depressive episodes throughout their lives.
Bipolar Disorder is a condition characterized by swinging mood changes. The victim suffers highs and lows, with short periods of normal mood in between.
- Pessimism and feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
persistent anxious or sad mood
- Consistent guilt and feelings of worthlessness
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy, including sports, recreation and sex
- Difficulty in concentrating, downward trend in memory
- Constant restlessness, anxiety and irritability
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening or oversleeping
- Constant fatigue, decreased stamina
- Loss of appetite, weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts
- Persistent other physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as chronic pain, digestive disorders and headaches
Treatment for depression can vary but, in general, antidepressants are usually used. The major types of antidepressants are SSRIs (which alter the amount of serotonin in the brain), SNRIs (that alter serotonin and norepinephrine), TCAs (work like SNRIs, but are stronger) and MAOIs (the strongest legal antidepressant).
There are also some natural ways to fight depression. The weight loss supplement Forskolin has been found to help fight depression.
Another dietary supplement that can boost your morale and help you lose weight is Garcinia Cambogia – which naturally increases your serotonin levels.
Eating healthier can have a huge positive impact on your, thus helping you with depression. Living Green Supremefood is an organic energy booster that can prove to be an excellent addition to your eating habits since it can enhance your energy levels naturally.